Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Celiac Disease And Kefir - Part 3

So what type of foods irritate me when I'm not consuming kefir?

Sadly...Just about everything.At the moment I have been 2 and 1/2 weeks without any kefir at all.  If I was smart, I would have mailed some to my family before I went to visit them for 2 weeks.  If I was even smarter, I would have eaten REAL foods while I was on vacation...But it's vacation. :)

So why am I writing 3 seemingly pointless blog posts on Celiac Disease without my usual scientific literature to go along with them?


Because I can't believe how poor my digestive system works without fermented foods.  As I have mentioned in a previous post, about 10 years ago I had a doctor experimenting on me when I came down with walking ammonia in college.  When it finally got unbearable, they put my on amoxicillin for 30 days straight at a very high dose as I spent the majority of the month laying in bed.   Some Christmas break...


Getting to the point...


I still can't get over the fact that I have been able to eat anything the past 8 months without thinking twice about it giving me blurry vision, or a headache.  Side effects I had gotten so used to that I had forgotten how to smile.  Before I got on Kefir, I thought I would have to live like a caveman the rest of my life and deal with not ever being able to eat out anywhere or enjoy a piece of pizza or dinner with friends.

So the reason for this long rant...

I have not been able to eat much of anything lately and I'm starving!  I even tried to have a veggie shake earlier and some eggs and nothing is staying down like it should.  My stomach is a mess without this stuff.  If you are dealing with any of the unpleasant side effects associated with food allergies, or have lost your stomach flora from antibiotics, please try this stuff!

Once my first batch is ready after being in the fridge for 2 weeks, (While I was gone), you can bet that this stuff isn't leaving my side again!  I cant imagine not having this stuff around and have no idea how I would be able to deal with a regular life without it.  Please!, if you are suffering from gluten allergies, please give this stuff a try!  I cant stress it enough.  Do a little research on lactose intolerance if you have it and start with a little kefir and you should be able to digest it without a problem.  Because it consumes all of the milk sugars and digests everything for you, so your body doesn't have to do much of anything at all.

Ok my rant is over...Next I will try to do a few posts on traveling with kefir.
I have done so while in a vehicle on an extended trip, but not yet by plane...

But I will keep you all updated on how to travel with this stuff for future reference!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Easy "water hack" burns 2 lbs OVERNIGHT

Well over 160 thousand men and women are hacking their diet with a easy and SECRET "water hack" to burn 2lbs each night as they sleep.

It is very simple and it works on everybody.

Here's how you can do it yourself:

1) Go get a glass and fill it up half glass

2) And now do this awesome hack

and be 2lbs skinnier the next day!